Although hidden from view, St Nicholas’ has a ring of eight bells by C. & G. Mears (1855) presented by the 13th Duke and Duchess. The bells fell silent in 1938 owing to the unsafe condition of the wooden bell frame. In 1950 they were tuned and re-hung in a new iron frame.
View from the Tower
The tower also affords fine views over the town of Arundel and the neighbouring castle.