High Altar and Reredos
The sanctuary was established in 1874. The encaustic tiles in the sanctuary are by Godwin of Herefordshire (1813 – 1883). The reredos (1893) was designed by Fellowes Prynne and painted by his brother Edward Prynne. The central panel shows Christ the King surrounded by the emblems of the four evangelists. The panels on either side depict St Nicholas, the Virgin Mary, St John the Baptist and St Richard of Chichester.
Original (1380) to the church and unusually built into stone tower pillars with graceful internal Gothic vaulting. Note dagger motifs above three arches. The Lectern extension was added in the 19th century.