With the children and staff having a well-earned holiday, we look back at the excellent achievements of our church school (ACE) over the previous academic year.
- Year 6 SATS results (national tests in Reading, Writing & Mathematics) – results significantly above the national targets in all three subjects.
- ACE hosted a southern area More Able Writers’ conference.
- Involvement with WW1 history project at Arundel Museum.
- Four former ACE students have gained entry to Oxford & Cambridge universities this year.
- Hockey – ACE won the Southern Schools competition. Open to all schools, including private and state, in the Southern region.
- Football – ACE won the Small Schools’ trophy.
- Key Stage 1 Sports Award – ACE are the first school ever to be awarded a Platinum award in this competition.
- Athletics – ACE came 4th out of 68 competing schools in the Southern Area, most with multiple class entry. ACE also achieved 3rd place in Indoor Athletics in the same competition. An ACE individual one a Silver Medal in the Super Six Event and Years 1&2 won the Locality Athletics Championship.
- Tennis – ACE won 6th place out of 68 schools in the Southern Area.
- Swimming – in top ten of the Sussex Swimming Championships.
- Stoolball & Handball – Years 5&6 won both locality championships.
- Goblin Cars – ACE 1st in the local competition for mini electric racing cars.
- Worthing Children’s Parade – ACE participated for first time with their school-made “Mammoth”.
- Diocesan Art Competition – three prize winners in this competition open to all Church schools in the Diocese.
- Choirs – sang at Arundel & Chichester Cathedrals & other locations.